Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quinoa and Asparagus Salad

This is another one of those insanely easy side dishes that would be well suited for taking to a summer picnic.  I made the quinoa earlier in the week during a cooking frenzy so when it was time prepare this recipe all I did was toss it together and eat.  It's filling, delicious, and just spicy enough to keep things interesting.  I of course made it vegan my using dairy free butter spread but I'm sure it's even better with the real thing.

I didn't change a thing so this very short post is brought to you by my love for 101Cookbooks where you can find the recipe for this simple salad.  Go check it out if you've been hiding under a rock and haven't discovered this trove of healthy whole food recipes.

2 comments:

Bemidji Chi Alpha said...

So....I just found your wonderful blog....and you're not here! Am I missing something? Or have you not blogged since July?

Either way, I have subscribed, and will try all your recipes. I found you 'cause I was looking up Julia's braised cucumbers. I have a bunch of college girls over for tea every thursday and I wanted to make them ahead of time. But I don't think I will. We'll make them together! :)

So thanks! I'll be reading you :) have a lovely day- Michelle

netanfanto said...

Hi,
I totally agree that every new habit begins with mental shifts
Everyday tips for losing weight. Simple instructions for excercising as well as dieting tips to lose weight in the most healthy way.
Get aware of the effects of different types of excercises and food stuffs on your lifestyle.Learn Different Ways to Lose Weight the Safest and fastest way possible For You.
If you want to know more about it then please Follow the link
http://www.work4weightloss.info