Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whining About Wine



Tonight I learned an important lesson; don't take sex advise from food writers and don't take wine advice from sex writers.

It might seem obvious to you, but as someone who drinks a lot of wine and has tried many of the readily available wines in Madison in the $10 to $15 range sometimes I have to resort to getting wine recommendations in creative places. Since I agree with Violet Blue in most things I thought I could trust her taste in wine. I'm linking to her food blog because it's topical and safe for work but it's easy to find her sassier commentary if you chose.

So I went out and bought a bottle of Cellar 8 Zinfandel or as she calls it No 8 Zinfandel. A play on her protestations over Proposition 8 seeing as it's a Californian wine and all, it's kind of fitting. However the wine is not good. It is reminiscent of the bad taste I get in my mouth when thinking about the injustices of the world, things like Proposition 8. It tastes tart, full of ire, and has a bitter tannic after taste.

I vote no on this wine. But yes to freedom to drink bad wine and love whom ever you choose.

No comments: