Monday, March 2, 2009

Night on the Town

Saturday was the last day of diet cheating, all the forbidden foods are out of the house so there are no more excuses. For our last semi care fee evening of eating out I wrangled a couple of sushi lovers into a delicious double date at Sushi Morimoto for green tea, a plateful of nigiri, and a heaping serving of puns (that had nothing to do with the restaurant choice, it happens naturally when the fella is near.) It was my last chance for sushi for a long time and I enjoyed every second, even the super spicy wasabi that almost made me cry in pleasure-pain. The fella had an amazing rib eye steak with zucchini and mushrooms completely eschewing the rice and managed to stick to the diet and have a really tasty meal. I'm so proud of him.

I spent the rest of the evening watching a lesbian vampire play called Vamp that my friend and long time wine shop co-worker, Lindsay was reviewing for her sweet gig at 77 Square, one of the arts papers in town. It was a good time, I really need to have more fun time money to do that more often. But with my wine and organic food habit I don't see that happening any time soon. Which is just one more reason to keep Lindsay around (I'm not just using you for your theater tickets I promise.)

Not surprisingly we took our wine snob selves to a near by upscale bar for post show nibbles. We split a cheese plate and I had a fairly decent Malbec while catching up with each other. Eventually our boys joined the table and we were silly pleasantly drunk folks into the wee hours.

I love my friends and that they are interested in what I'm doing here but having a super social evening gave me my first glimpse of what this year probably has in store for me. Explaining the why I'm doing the French diet and what the GI is will get old fast so I'm going to have to get used to it. That or stop telling people I go out with why I won't eat anything but cheese and wine, it's not that interesting and most people don't really want or need to know about my eating habits anyway.

Going out is going to get more and more interesting. I'm up for the challenge.

No comments: